Last updated: December 1, 2016
Personal Data collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- Access to third party services' accounts
- Access to the Facebook account
- Permissions: About Me and Contact email
- Google Analytics, MixPanel, Fabric, Apple, App Annie
- Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
- Contacting the User
- Contact form
- Personal Data: country, email address, first name and last name
- Phone contact
- Personal Data: phone number
- Mailing List or Newsletter
- Personal Data: city, country, email address, first name, last name, province and state
- Content commenting
- Comment system managed directly
- Personal Data: email address, first name and last name
- Displaying content from external platforms
- Google Maps widget
- Personal Data: Cookies and Usage data
- Google Fonts
- Hosting and backend infrastructure
- Parse Core, Push, Layer
- Location-based interactions
- Non-continuous geolocation
- Personal Data: geographic position
- Managing contacts and sending messages
- MailChimp, mailgun
- Personal Data: email address
- Registration and authentication
- Facebook Authentication
- SMS registration - Digits by Twitter
- Personal Data: phone number, email address, first name, last name, password and picture
- Social features
- Inviting and suggesting friends
- Personal Data: Various types of Data
- Public profile
- Personal Data: city, country, first name, last name and picture
- User database management
- Images of items, profile images
- Name, Address, package information (weight)
- Name, Address, email, phone number stored with your profile
- SSN, DOB, credit/debit card number, bank account encrypted and provided via payment processor. This data is not stored by us.
Further information about Personal Data
- **Push notifications** - This Application may send push notifications to the User. - **Access the address book** - This Application may request access to your address book. - **Unique device identification** - This Application may track Users by storing a unique identifier of their device, for analytics purposes or for storing Users' preferences. - **Access the camera and photos** - This Application may request access to your camera and photo libary
- **Data owner** - reKindness LLC - 400 Village Pkwy # 110, Atlanta, GA 30306, [email protected]
Data Controller and Owner
reKindness LLC - 400 Village Pkwy # 110, Atlanta, GA 30306, [email protected]
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Cookies, Usage data, first name, last name, country, email address, phone number, province, state, city, geographic position, password, picture and Various types of Data.
The Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or collected automatically when using this Application.
Failure to provide certain Personal Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services.
Users are responsible for any Personal Data of third parties obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Data Controller processes the Data of Users in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
The Data is processed at the Data Controller's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located. For further information, please contact the Data Controller.
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
The use of the collected Data
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Access to third party services' accounts, Analytics, Contacting the User, Content commenting, Displaying content from external platforms, Hosting and backend infrastructure, Location-based interactions, Managing contacts and sending messages, Registration and authentication, Social features and User database management.
The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
Facebook permissions asked by this Application
This Application may ask for some Facebook permissions allowing it to perform actions with the User's Facebook account and to retrieve information, including Personal Data, from it.
The permissions asked are the following:
By default, this includes certain User’s Data such as id, name, picture, gender, and their locale. Certain connections of the User, such as the Friends, are also available. If the User has made more of their Data public, more information will be available.
Provides access to the 'About Me' section of the profile.
Access the user's contact email address.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
reKindness does not, as a general matter, collect personal information, such as the names or mailing addresses of visitors to the Site, unless that information is voluntarily provided (i.e. through the registration process). However, reKindness may, without Your permission, electronically collect information regarding Your online habits and location, including, without limitation, navigational data (i.e., log files, server logs, click-stream) and information about how the Application is used by You (through cookies, Google Analytics, Internet tags, or web beacons). reKindness may also collect information such as the URL of the website You previously visited and the time of day that You use the Application.
Certain features, products or services offered within the reKindness application are subject to registration requirements. To use those areas of the reKindness Application, You may be asked to provide certain information about Yourself, such as Your name, mailing address, e-mail address, username and password. reKindness may also compile a subscription list to which You could voluntarily submit your name, mailing address and/or email address. The purpose of such a subscription list would be to send out periodic updates to subscribers on matters of interest, provided that You will have the ability to opt out of further communications in accordance with procedures that will be described in each such update.
Contests and Other Promotions. From time to time, reKindness may offer contests or other promotions. If You enter one of these contests or promotions, You’ll have to provide information about Yourself (such as Your name, address, telephone number and email address) so that reKindness can administer and operate the contest or promotion (including contacting You if you win, fulfilling a prize, and publishing a winners’ list). If You don’t want us to collect the information requested in the registration form, please do not enter the contest or promotion
Email Newsletters. reKindness may also offer You the opportunity to subscribe to email newsletters that reKindness makes available through the Site. If You have opted to receive a particular newsletter, You may always unsubscribe later if You decide not to receive further mailings of the newsletter from us. See “Opting In/Opting Out” below
Information You Post. Please remember that anything You post to any message boards, discussion or comment areas, or social networking services on our Application can be seen, collected, and used by anyone who has access to that board, area, or social networking service. reKindness cannot control how Your postings may be used by third parties with such access. reKindness does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from individuals under the age of 13. If reKindness finds out that reKindness has such personal information, reKindness will take prompt and reasonable steps to delete it. Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services.
Access to third party services' accounts
- This type of services allows this Application to access Data from your account on a third party service and perform actions with it.
- These services are not activated automatically, but require explicit authorization by the User.
Access to the Facebook account (This Application)
- This service allows this Application to connect with the User's account on the Facebook social network, provided by Facebook, Inc.
- Permissions asked: About Me and Contact email.
- The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
- MixPanel is an analytics service provided by Mixpanel Inc.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Contacting the User
Contact form (This Application)
- By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes this Application to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header.
- Personal Data collected: country, email address, first name and last name.
Phone contact (This Application)
- Users that provided their phone number might be contacted for commercial or promotional purposes related to this Application, as well as for fulfilling support requests.
- Personal Data collected: phone number.
Mailing List or Newsletter (This Application)
- By registering on the mailing list or for the newsletter, the User’s email address will be added to the contact list of those who may receive email messages containing information of commercial or promotional nature concerning this Application. Your email address might also be added to this list as a result of signing up to this Application or after making a purchase.
- Personal Data collected: city, country, email address, first name, last name, province and state.
- Content commenting services allow Users to make and publish their comments on the contents of this Application.
- Depending on the settings chosen by the Owner, Users may also leave anonymous comments. If there is an email address among the Personal Data provided by the User, it may be used to send notifications of comments on the same content. Users are responsible for the content of their own comments.
- If a content commenting service provided by third parties is installed, it may still collect web traffic data for the pages where the comment service is installed, even when users do not use the content commenting service.
Comment system managed directly (This Application)
- This Application has its own internal content comment system.
- Personal Data collected: email address, first name and last name.
Displaying content from external platforms
- This type of services allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this Application and interact with them.
- This type of service might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
Google Maps widget (Google Inc.)
- Google Maps is a maps visualization service provided by Google Inc. that allows this Application to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
- Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage data.
Google Fonts (Google Inc.)
- Google Fonts is a typeface visualization service provided by Google Inc. that allows this Application to incorporate content of this kind on its pages.
Hosting and backend infrastructure
- This type of services has the purpose of hosting data and files that enable this Application to run and be distributed as well as to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of this Application. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where the Personal Data are stored.
Parse Core & Push (Parse LLC.)
- Parse Core & Push is a hosting and backend service provided by Parse LLC.
Non-continuous geolocation (This Application)
- This Application may collect, use, and share User location Data in order to provide location-based services.
- Most browsers and devices provide tools to opt out from this feature by default. If explicit authorization has been provided, the User’s location data may be tracked by this Application.
- The geographic location of the User is determined in a manner that isn't continuous, either at the specific request of the User or when the User doesn't point out its current location in the appropriate field and allows the application to detect the position automatically.
- Personal Data collected: geographic position.
Managing contacts and sending messages
- This type of services makes it possible to manage a database of email contacts, phone contacts or any other contact information to communicate with the User.
- These services may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the User, as well as when the User interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC.) and Mailgun
- MailChimp is an email address management and message sending service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC. IT is generally used for communicating with members for marketing purposes
- Mailgun is used for transaction/ information based emails sent by the Platform
- Personal Data collected: email address.
Registration and authentication
- By registering or authenticating, Users allow this Application to identify them and give them access to dedicated services.
- Depending on what is described below, third parties may provide registration and authentication services. In this case, this Application will be able to access some Data, stored by these third party services, for registration or identification purposes.
Facebook Authentication (Facebook, Inc.)
- Facebook Authentication is a registration and authentication service provided by Facebook, Inc. and is connected to the Facebook social network.
SMS registration (This Application)
- The User registers by filling out the registration form and providing the Personal Data directly to this Application after entering their phone number and code using Digits by Twitter.
- Personal Data collected: phone number, email address, first name, last name, password and picture.
Inviting and suggesting friends (This Application)
- This Application may use the Personal Data provided to allow Users to invite their friends - for example through the address book, if access has been provided - and to suggest friends or connections inside it.
- Personal Data collected: Various types of Data.
Public profile (This Application)
- Users may have public profiles that other Users can display. In addition to the Personal Data provided, this profile may contain Users' interactions with this Application.
- Personal Data collected: city, country, first name, last name and picture.
User database management
- This type of services allows the Owner to build user profiles by starting from an email address, a personal name, or other information that the User provides to this Application, as well as to track User activities through analytics features. This Personal Data may also be matched with publicly available information about the User (such as social networks' profiles) and used to build private profiles that the Owner can display and use for improving this Application.
- Some of these services may also enable the sending of timed messages to the User, such as emails based on specific actions performed on this Application.
Intercom (Intercom Inc.)
- Intercom is a User database management service provided by Intercom Inc. Intercom can also be used as a medium for communications, either through email, or through messages within our product(s).
- maxCDN provides content delivery services
- Personal Data collected: Images of items, profile images
- Shippo provides e-commerce businesses, online marketplaces, and platforms integrated shipping with multiple major carriers through their API and web application.
- Personal Data collected: Name, Address, email, package weight
- Personal Data collected: Name, Address, email, phone number stored with your profile
- SSN, DOB, credit/debit card number, bank account encrypted and provided via payment processor. This data is not stored by reKindness.
Further information about Personal Data
- This Application may send push notifications to the User.
Access the address book
- This Application may request access to your address book.
Access the camera and photo album
- This Application may request access to your camera and photo album
Unique device identification
- This Application may track Users by storing a unique identifier of their device, for analytics purposes or for storing Users' preferences.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller, in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related services. The User declares to be aware that the Data Controller may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System Logs and Maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System Logs) or use for this purpose other Personal Data (such as IP Address).
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
The rights of Users
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Information collected automatically from this Application (or third party services employed in this Application), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this Application, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
The individual using this Application, which must coincide with or be authorized by the Data Subject, to whom the Personal Data refers.
The legal or natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Supervisor)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organization with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this Application. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Application.
The hardware or software tool by which the Personal Data of the User is collected.
Small piece of data stored in the User's device.